Clover Mites can be pretty difficult to control. These mites invade by the armies and are so small they can get through even the smallest cracks. While they are difficult to control their numbers can be reduced. So whether you already use professional pest control service or if you are the “do it yourself type” check out our Do It Yourself Tips for Clover Mites:
- Inside: Use a wet sponge or vacuum with a crevice attachment to remove mites from the inside. Be sure to use caution and try to avoid crushing them as it will result in a red stain
- Make sure all window screens fit properly and have a tight fit, and the screen is free of rips and holes
- It is important to locate and seal potential entry points around the home. Sealing any small openings and cracks around window and doors with calking materials
- Remove all grass and weeds from around the foundation. Grass and plants are one of the things clover mites eat. Creating a gravel or stone barrier (about two feet) between the lawn and the foundation of the home will help reduce of clover mites. Material such as pea gravel can be helpful
- The Mites are less likely to hike through gravel or stone barriers over soil supporting plants that are touching or near the homes foundation
- Don’t over fertilize the lawn since clover mites tend to love over fertilized lawns
Following these tips are a great preventive to help reduce clover mites and other small insects. If you are still finding them inside your home, you may have in infestation inside somewhere. You call always call your pest management professional for a thorough inspection to find out where they are coming from. Your pest professional will be able to tailor a treatment plan to fit your specific needs.